WebWrover (Alpha) by Keith Daniel & Donald Dolan
The Alpha is a test bed for the Beta version, now in development.
The chassis will be the same used here, but battery capacity will
increase to 12V 5A/hours from 8V 1.4A/hours. The video return
modulator is being replaced, and we will be using colour instead of
B/W. Audio return is also being added. For better control, a software
phase locked loop using motor tach information is being developed.
- Tamiya model tank chassis
- DC motor (pwm) plus servo clutch
- 2 metre Amateur Radio all digital control link, 1200 baud
- B/W video return, camera on AZ/EL servos
- Motorola 68HC11E9 inside, AS11 assembler code
- Remotely controlled from handheld remote or Macintosh computer
- Beeps on command
- 8V nom. NiCad supply
The goal is to experiment with telepresence on the Web. Early
experiments with CU-SeeMe are encouraging, but point out bandwidth
These are a collaboration between myself Keith Daniel VE2KXD
(email@example.com) and Donald Dolan VA3DIG (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Return to The Robot Menu